- Jakes Del Mar
- Pacifica of Del Mar
- Poseidon
Jakes has 7 dishes on their menu which are categorized as "Bistro" and they are 40-50% off between 4-6pm. Otherwise, everything else ( alcoholic drinks, "starters" and soups and salads) are at regular price. Not bad. But only 7 dishes are discounted....hummm....
Pacifica of Del Mar has $1 off all drinks and discounted bar menu items between 4-6:30pm. They don't specify how much discount or which bar menus are discounted. See, their information is not good enough for me. $1 off of drinks is really nothing. Their drinks are already pretty expensive.
Poseidon has happy hour from 4-6:30 and clearly stated their 19 of the "Bistro" menus are 50% off. Also their Margarita is $4, Cosmo is $5, house Shard and Merlot are $5, and some beers are $3. Pretty good deal to me!
It is called Happy Hour, I want to feel happy after the bill comes too. So, Poseidon was the most natural choice for Shana and me.
So here are the foods and drinks we ordered:
- Drink: Cosmopolitan ($5 )-----I have had better. It tasted little bit like cough syrup.
- Food: Calamari Basket ($5)-----Just OK. I would like it to be little bit more crispy.
- Food: Steamed Clams ($7)-----pretty good. I liked the bread which came with it.
- Food: Crab Cake ($6.50)-----Lots of crab inside. Very tasty dressing. Bit dry, though.
- Food: Duck Tacos ($5.50)-----GREAT! Nothing more to say. Just GREAT.
- Food: House Salad ($3.50)-----good, I guess. Who can mess up a salad?
- Food: Caeser Salad ($3)-----good, I guess...
- Desert: Kona Coffee Gelato ($5)-----pretty good. This was not discounted.
Other staff:
- Waitress: Very good looking, very sweet. She came to check up on us just right amount of times and just at right times. She should get raise for being such good waitress.
- Customer Base: I would say men and women between 37 -55. Yea, we (early 30s)were the youngest at the bar. Looked like Poseidon is a place for middle aged people hang out and flirt with other single middle aged people.
- Atmosphere: Very relaxed and classy. Not noisy but not quiet-just right amount of noise.
At the end, all these came just a little under $50. In my opinion that $50 was well spent. Would I go to Poseidon for another happy hour? Oh, YES.
2 comments:
You mean to say you are a motu who eats but doesn't flirt ;)
Now tell me which guy took the tab there ;)
Anyway good review of the restaurant...
That is correct! I am a motu who eats but does not flirt.
Post a Comment